This position is responsible for accurately cutting the required pieces for the floor, the walls and the roof sheathing of a shed and assembling them to the proper specifications. This position will report to the Production Manager or at his discretion the Assistant Production Manager.
- Able to follow oral and written instructions utilizing the English language or production assembly diagrams (these would be your shed production photos) well enough to perform the essential duties of the job
- Possess math skills for adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing
- Able to utilize the appropriate equipment to frame a shed
- Must possess the dexterity to use the required tools, including ladders, to accomplish the tasks of this position
- Must be able to hear with or without amplification devices
- Able to lift 100 pounds
- Demonstrate self-motivated attitude and ability to perform responsibilities of position with limited supervision
- Be an effective and flexible team member
- Treat employees and others courteously with respect and dignity
- Accurately cut out the required pieces for the floor, walls and roof sheathing for a shed in a timely manner according to the specifications
- Assemble the parts of a shed to the required specifications in a timely manner
- Move the completed shed to the next station in the production line in a safe and timely manner
- Follow all safety procedures while assembling a shed, including the use of tools, and utilizing the proper personal protection equipment
- Follow all safety procedures when utilizing a forklift
- Keep work area clean and organized
- Perform required preventative maintenance on nail gun in a timely manner
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn new skills and techniques
- Display a teachable attitude when learning a new skill
- Perform related work as assigned
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED (preferred)
- Possess a forklift driving permit
- Ability to accurately read and interpret blueprints
- Knowledge of approved methods, materials, tools and equipment utilized in constructing the frame and roof sheathing of a shed
For the most part the working environment is moderately loud, dusty and dirty, temperature ranges from cold to hot as found in typical production facilities. May be subject to outdoor work environment with adverse conditions ranging from freezing cold and snow to severe heat and humidity.
Must be able to stand, walk and climb for extended periods of time, climb steps, use hands and fingers, reach, sit, climb, stoop, kneel, lift, crouch, work on ladder, talk, hear and see. Will work at heights for extended periods of time.
Must be able to lift 100 pounds.
Fill out the Employment Application form and submit to Lenny Stahl in person, by mail, or via email.
Dakota Storage Buildings
47809 155th St.
Milbank, SD 57252