7 Steps to Your Perfect Backyard [Summer Backyard Challenge]
by Dakota Storage Buildings, on July 16, 2015
7 Steps to Your Perfect Backyard #SummerBackyardChallenge
Are you the house in the neighborhood who is always hosting parties? Do you prefer a quiet, secluded backyard where you can decompress in peace? Do you have young children or grandchildren that love to run wild? Do you have pets that need to enjoy the outdoors? Or does nobody currently use the backyard?
In each of these situations, there is a way to create your perfect backyard so that it is functional, fun, and draws people outside! We believe that outdoor living space can be a huge asset to any home, which is why we created the Summer Backyard Challenge.
No matter how big or small your yard is, there is a way to customize it so that you love spending time outside. When you love spending time outside, your home feels larger and more inviting. You will be able to take advantage of and look forward to the warmer months each year, and so will the rest of your loved ones.
There are many factors that go into creating a backyard that is right for you, and currently you can download our free eBook, 7 Steps to Your Perfect Backyard, that will help you plan and create that ultimate outdoor experience. We have put together ideas, inspiration, and resources so that you can be efficient at creating at updating your backyard so that you can begin enjoying it more quickly.
The free eBook includes these 7 steps:
- Plan Your Perfect Backyard - Who uses your backyard the most? What do you do in your backyard currently? What would you like to be able to do in your backyard?
- Clean Out and Declutter Your Backyard - Most of us have watched the shows on TV where people get much-needed help cleaning out their houses. And while it is important to declutter the inside of your house regularly, it is also important to clean out the backyard as well.
- Purchase Supplies and New Items - Some of the items that you may want to purchase include plants and flowers, storage solutions, lawn games, patio furniture, building supplies, shed or garage
- Update Your Landscaping - Updating your landscaping will not only make your outdoor space more inviting for you and your family, but it can also increase curb appeal and the value of your property. Just like you would renovate a kitchen, you can renovate your gardens and landscaping so that your backyard atmosphere is transformed.
- Create Unique and Enjoyable Outdoor Space - The best part of any project is getting to see it come together, and you want to remember to only include items that you love and that make sense for that area. This is your space so you want it to be functional and meaningful to you.
- Clean Up and Get Organized - Since you have decluttered, rearranged, and added to your backyard, you want to make sure that you find new homes for all of your items. You will need to reorganize in a way that makes sense and aids in the functionality and upkeep of your backyard.
- Accessorize and Perfect Your New Backyard - You might have bought some great outdoor items back on Day 3, and you may gradually accumulate pieces that would fit perfectly into your new backyard. Either way, take the day to add those finishing touches that will pull everything together.
We hope you are up for the challenge, and we want you to share your projects with us! Share before & after photos, great DIY ideas, or your goals for your backyard projects. You can do this easily on social media by using #SummerBackyardChallenge, and we will compile our favorites into a blog post at the end of the summer!