How To Choose The Right Storage Shed [Worksheet]
by Dakota Storage Buildings, on July 28, 2017
Are you hoping to buy a storage building sometime soon? From style and size to siding and roofing, there’s a lot to consider when shed shopping—but our worksheet can help!
The chances are good that you don't need to buy a backyard shed or garage today or tomorrow. So, take some time to think through your options—starting at the top level.
You may not care about the what KIND of shed you need to buy—yet. However, what you might be wrestling with right now may be questions like:
- How much do storage buildings cost? I don't want one that's so cheap that it doesn't last long, but I also don't want to pay an arm and a leg for something impractical or over the top.
- How big should my shed be? I wish I had a shed size calculator to determine what size shed I need. I only want space for my riding lawn mower (or maybe your motor boat).
- There are many places to buy a shed. Which ones are reputable? Who can I trust for a high-quality shed at a reasonable price? (Hint: If you're in South Dakota or Minnesota, you have us!)
To help you work through the process of choosing the right storage building, we've created a worksheet. It navigates every important aspect of shed buying and asks pertinent questions that require answers (yes, answers—it's a WORKSHEET, remember?). Spend time working through questions like:
- What purpose will your garage or shed serve? From our 25+ possibilities listed, circle all that apply.
- With the purpose of your storage building in mind, take 2 minutes to brainstorm all the items that you will need to have room for inside of your storage building.
- You know why you're using your shed or garage and everything that's going inside of it—now it's time to try the shed size calculator (yes, such a thing exists!) to get a building size estimate. Once you get your answer, circle your size on our size chart.
And this just the start!
Download our free worksheet today to better understand and choose your shed's:
- Style (What does that mean, anyway?)
- Roof material (You mean there's more than one? Sure does!)
- Siding (Does one more durable than another?)
- Upgrades (What extra item could make your shed just a little more amazing?)
- Should I Buy A New Shed Or A Used Shed?
- Ask These 8 Questions Before Buying A Storage Building
- Things To Consider When Buying A Shed
- How To Find & Buy Your Ideal Shed
It’s our mission at Dakota Storage Buildings to make affordable, high-quality buildings that exceed expectations. Explore our storage buildings in person at any of our South Dakota or Minnesota display lot locations or stay at home and try out our online configurator.